Tuesday 26 May 2020

Please don’t think I’m trying to be little your experience or struggle with Corona Virus. I go to bed terrified and wake terrified. It’s been suggested to me that I try and concentrate on the positive so here a few observations I have made on
Lockdown. 
Lockdown ohh lockdown what does that mean,
Well,here are a few things that I have seen.
Firstly , I know where the children are 24/7,
Anyone who knows us,knows that’s a gift from heaven.
I got to know the kids much better than before,
Keeping up with homework,reading stories, they did it all and more .
We started a quiz team, and even played some board games,
Mutual respect and togetherness was our only aim.
We had young people looking after the old.
We had a shortage of toilet roll, meaning,one per household.
Phoning old friend and relatives you’d forgotten you had,
You see life in lockdown wasn’t so bad .
It’s like the run up to Christmas ,all working towards a common goal,
To rid the world of covert-19 once and for all.
Now Boris claims it’s over, as from June the 1st,
 the schools will re-open and if you can go back to work .
I think Boris is stuck somewhere between a rock and a hard place .
Some people think he’s a mug,
but all I’m really missing is a great big hug.

3 comments:

  1. Ann...you're A great writer....let's hear more from you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ann......nice poetry!! 😃
    Love from Gerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann! Looking forward to the next one. Love from Emma

    ReplyDelete