Sunday 24 May 2020

Here is a one I wrote for a girl with a spider phobia and a thing about wanting all spiders dead,
SPIDERS 
I killed a rather leggy spider today.
My chest puffed out,I was so proud ,
(Whisper) I'm scared of spiders but I don't like saying it out loud.
At first I whacked it with the heel of my shoe,
Then I threw it unceremoniously down the loo.
At first I was proud but then the guilt set in,
It might be someone's  ' brother or sister,it may be someone's mum or dad,
But thinking like that,it just makes me more sad .
So the next time you see a spider, don't squash it willy nilly.
I'm not asking you  to make it a pet,that would be silly.
Just spare a thought for the little spider  going on it's way,
And be happy in the knowledge you kept a family together today.

No comments:

Post a Comment