Saturday 23 May 2020

I wrote this poem some time ago




25 years  
On the 22 nd of February it's my birthday,
a cause for celebration I hear you say,
I would but for one little joke,
on this day 25 years ago I had a stroke .
I was quite lucky you see, they found me because I didn't go around for tea.
I wish you could be me for a day, and see what it's all about,
with good people around me , they have helped no doubt.
Having to re Learn everything, from washing,writing and speaking aswell,
I don't mind telling you, I went through hell.
I still can't speak properly and with a pen I can't write,
but don't worry about me,I'm doing alright.
I've had all the therapy some of it good,
but it just left me wondering just where I stood.
So, I joined a Stroke group I've been going for 2years maybe 3 ,
their total lack of judgment helped me find the real me.
No longer am I the woman in the wheelchair with the lop-sided face,
Instead they let me come to terms with stuff at my own pace.
25years gone in a flash,while I sat and waited to be "better ",
don't get me wrong, I was no go-getter,
always was quite quiet and shy you see,
without the good people all around me ,who knows where I be.e poem.its my way of saying thank you to all the people who have been there for me.
It's meant to stop others from sitting at home for years,the way I did.
So do with it what ever you want 








Sent from my iPad

1 comment: